Saturday, December 14, 2013

Thor: The Dark World Rated: PG-13

Tory Says:

I saw this one because my husband wanted to and because it looked better than the first which I barely remember. This one is SO much better. At least this one felt like it had a real story line.
 
Once every 5,000 years the 9 realms of Asgard align, including Earth. In London, Jane Foster and her crew find a portal that has been created between the realms. While Jane is investigating the portal she comes in contact with a substance called Aether. After 2 years, Thor is drawn back to Earth and after realizing that Jane is infected with the Aether, takes her back to Asgard to be cured. Unfortunately it draws more than just Jane there including another being called Malekith who wants to use the Aether to destroy Asgard. Thor must call upon his imprisoned brother, Loki, for help to save the realms.
 
For me, Loki actually makes this movie. He is such a wonderful smart aleck and trickster. All his one liners had us cracking up! The special effects are done well and I never felt “bored” like I did with the first. I actually remember the plot to this one and would see it again!  I think whether you liked the first Thor film or not, you should see this one. It felt more like “The Avengers” which was fantastic! If your kids saw Thor or The Avengers, they can see this one. So I would give it a 7.5 out of 10. Good and I would see it again but I don’t feel I need to own it.

No comments:

Post a Comment