Sunday, April 7, 2013

Jurassic Park 3-D Rated: PG-13


Barbara Says:

Having watched Jurassic Park when it first came out and many times over the years I was excited to see it on the big screen again.  But to see it in 3-D was something I really looked forward too.  It did not disappoint.  Even knowing what would happen in the next few moments my friend and I would jump with tension.  It was a very well made film and the many years since has not changed that.

So many times I will watch an old film and remark that it is funny where it is not supposed to be and that a scene was not very well done. Cannot say that with this one.  But this movie brings home another point:  that just because you can do it does not mean you should. Some things were meant to stay in the past and some things should never be copied.
   
Jeff Goldblum is very good in this movie as a person who tells the rich guy he has made a mistake and that mankind will pay for it.   Which they do and that is where our "fun" comes in because it is so good to say I told you so (except in Jeff's place where he is almost eaten) and to have this great conversation on the way home about reproducing some species that were lost a long time ago. 

Thankfully this park was on an island and the awful meat eating creatures were confined there. We had a very good time and I hope you go renew some memories or better yet make new ones. I give it a 10.  Just as or better then when I saw the first time.

No comments:

Post a Comment